BEC Website Cookies Policy
BILBAO EXHIBITION CENTRE
Users can revoke their consent to the use of own and third-party cookies at any time as indicated in this policy.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are files that are downloaded and stored on the user’s computer or device (e.g. tablet or mobile) in order to obtain information (including personal data such as the IP address) when the user visits a website. Their main purpose is to recognise the user each time they access the website https://desawpbilbaoexhibition.com (the ‘Website’) and to analyse profiles based on the browsing habits of the user on the website and the [*Internet].
The obtained information allows, for example, to collect statistics to optimise the functionality of the Website.
2. What types of cookies does THE website use and who is responsible for the processing of personal data?
|Types of cookies||Controller|
|[*]||BEC (own cookies)|
|Analytics||Google Analytics (third party cookies)|
3. Purposes of the cookies and retention periods
- Own cookies
- Third Party Cookies – Provider Google Analytics: analytics and profiling
The Website uses the Google Analytics service provided by Google, Inc., entity located in 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View (California), CA 94043, United States.
Google Analytics uses analytical cookies to help us analyse the use made by users of the Website. The information generated by the Google cookie about the use of the website by users (including your IP address) and the analysis of users’ profile regarding their browsing habits will be directly transmitted and archived by Google on their servers in the U.S. Google will use this information on our behalf in order to analyse the user’s use of the Website, compiling reports on the activity of the website [* and providing other services related to the activity of the website and the use of the Internet]. Google may communicate the obtained information to third parties when required by law or when Google contracts third parties to process such information on behalf of Google. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
The retention periods of Google Analytics cookies are as follows:
- _utma (2 years), _utmt (10 min), _utmb (30 min), _utmc (session), _utmz (6 months), _utmv (2 years): their purpose is to analyse the use of the Website by the user.
- _ga (2 years), _gat (10 min): they serve to identify the user and the functioning of Google Analytics.
- _gaexp (normally, 90 days): their purpose is the optimisation of web pages.
For more information about Google Analytics cookies: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.
The user is informed that Google is located outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). Specifically, it is located in the USA, a country that does not offer the same level of protection as the EEA. However, Google adheres to the Privacy Shield system, which is a guarantee that the company complies with applicable protection standards in EEA countries.
4. LEGAL BASIS of the processing
BEC does not transfer the data obtained through cookies.
6. User Rights
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/search?q=deshabilitar+cookies
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/es-es/HT201265
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html
Also, as far as third-party cookies are concerned, you can use the cookie deactivation systems established by the said third parties:
- Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Doubleclick: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin
If you wish, you may watch the videos developed by the Spanish Data Protection Agency that explain how to configure privacy options from different platforms and computers: https://www.aepd.es/areas/internet/protege-tu-privacidad.html
The user may exercise the rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition to the processing, limitation of the processing, revocation of the given consent (as the case may be) and portability, when applicable, with respect to the processing for which BEC is responsible, by writing an email (proving their identity) to [insert the applicable email address] or by sending a letter addressed to BEC’s registered address (FAO Data Protection).
Likewise, the user has the right to file a claim before the corresponding Control Authority regarding data protection (which, in the case of Spain, is the Spanish Data Protection Agency – more information at www.aepd.es).