BILBAO EXHIBITION CENTRE
- Collected data
- Purposes of processing
- Legal basis and retention
- User Rights
1. Collected data
- Access to content or services in which data is requested. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in order to access certain information or for the use of certain contents or services on the Website, BEC may require some personal data from the User, which may basically include, name, surname, email, company, position, address or post code and professional contact details. In these cases, BEC will provide the User with the necessary information before proceeding with the processing of their data.
BEC, with registered address in Ronda de Azkue 1, 48902 Ansio-Barakaldo, is responsible for the processing of data that are collected or generated as a result of User access, use and browsing the Website and control of the Website itself.
3. Purposes of processing
In addition to the managing of information requests or services expressly requested by the Users or with their consent, BEC has a legitimate business interest to use the information collected or generated for the following purposes:
- the improvement of the Website, its management and its security,
- [carry out studies to analyse the relevance and use of the Website, even through anonymous information,] and
- when permitted by applicable regulations, inform Users about fair-related activity– activities, content and services– that takes place within the scope of the fairgrounds managed by BEC.
In general, the data will not be communicated to third parties except, where appropriate, to competent authorities in the exercise of their functions (except as may be established in this regard in the information provided in specific sections of the Website). As an exception, the Website may use third-party cookies, in pursuant to the Cookies Policy and the User’s consent.
In the event that any of our service or computer system suppliers are located outside the EU, BEC will adopt all warranties that are applicable in accordance with the established regulations to ensure adequate data management.
5. Legal basis and retention
The legal bases that allow BEC to process User data are as follows:
- Users voluntarily accessing and browsing the Website,
- the request by the Users of information or certain contents or services;
- BEC compliance with legal obligations,
- [the legitimate interest in improving the Website and its security, as well as in carrying out studies and analyses on the operation and use of the Website,] and
- in the event that a User consents or the legitimate business interest of BEC is of applicable, sending fair-related activity information –activities, contents and services– that takes place within the scope of the fairgrounds managed by BEC.
The data will be kept as long as there are contractual obligations derived from the services or contents requested by the Users and, subsequently, until the expiration of legal or contractual liabilities that require to be conserved (e.g., until the extinction of the possible responsibilities derived from data protection or cybersecurity regulations). In the case that data are processed for sending information regarding fair-related activity, they may be maintained as long as the User does not oppose to receiving information by any of the free and simple means that are made available to them.
6. User Rights
The User may exercise the rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition to the processing, limitation of the processing, revocation of the given consent (as the case may be) and portability, when applicable, with respect to the processing for which BEC is responsible, by writing an email (proving their identity) to [insert the applicable email address] or by sending a letter addressed to BEC’s registered address (FAO Data Protection).
Likewise, the User has the right to file a claim before the corresponding Control Authority regarding data protection (normally the Spanish Data Protection Agency – more information at www.aepd.es).